Montag, 25. November 2013

A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (ctl00$PlaceHolderMain$...

Recently I got the following errormessage in SharePoint 2013 after trying to save an edited publishing page. Also it was not possible to add any webpart.
Some googling resultet in different web.config-modifications, some said to set requestValidationMode="4.0" to requestValidationMode="2.0" in <system.web>-node, others recommended to set validateRequest="false"in <pages>-node. In fact for it only worked after I did both changes. So search for

 <httpRuntime requestValidationMode="4.0" />

and set requestValidationMode to "2.0" and search for

<pages enableSessionState="false" enableViewState="true" enableViewStateMac="true" validateRequest="true" clientIDMode="AutoID" pageParserFilterType="Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationRuntime.SPPageParserFilter, Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" asyncTimeout="7">
        <remove namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts" />
        <add tagType="System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSource, System.Web, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" mappedTagType="Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.SPSqlDataSource, Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" />
        <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" />
        <add tagPrefix="spsswc" namespace="Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.WebControls" assembly="Microsoft.Office.Server.Search, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" />

and set validateRequest to "false".

Donnerstag, 2. Mai 2013

Get current versions for activated features (not feature definitions) in a web or site collection

Recently I wrote a PowerShell-Script which writes the current version-numbers of web-features specified by a name-filter into a file. These versions are not from the feature-definition but from the feature activated in a web.

An example for this could be the following:
On a SharePoint-server a feature named custom_feature_1 was installed which has a version of because it's been updated a few times during the lifecycle of the appication.
Because the rootweb was created first, the feature's version is there. A newer subweb below has been created after the feature was updated and there the feature's version is Now, after the third update, another web will be created where the feature now has a version of

So how can you easily get the version of the feature activated in one of these webs?

You can use this PowerShell-script to get all information about your features:

get-spweb http://customsitecollection/customweb |% {$_.Features} | where-object {$_.Definition -ne $null} | where-object {$_.Definition.DisplayName.StartsWith("custom")} |% {new-object psobject -Property @{Id = $_.DefinitionId; Version = $_.Version; DisplayName = ($_ | select -ExpandProperty Definition).DisplayName; Scope = ($_ | select -ExpandProperty Definition).Scope; }} | format-table -Property * -Autosize | Out-String -Width 120 | out-file custom_web_features.txt

Just copy these lines and replace the bold-marked parts by your own needs:
http://customsite/customweb - The full path to the web you want the feature-versions from
custom - The name that the features starts with in SharePoint-Root features-folder
custom_web_features.txt - The name of the file that's created with information

The content of the file should look like this:

You can reuse the script for site-scoped features too. Just replace get-spweb by get-spsite and a valid URL to a sitecollection.

Dienstag, 23. April 2013

"Active Deployment Configuration"-setting in Visual Studio 2012 is always "Default"

There is a bug in current Visual Studio 2012 which always sets the "Active Deployment Configuration" to "Default" after re-opening the program/solution.
If you set "No Activation", this is correctly stored in the .csproj-file but VS ignores this and preselectes "Default" on opening:

I reported this to Microsoft and finally got an answer that said I should install the Microsoft Office Developer Tools which were released in March 2013 (can be found here). After installing, the bug indeed was fixed and now the configuration is loaded correctly:

Personally I think, Microsoft should fix this bug in a Visual Studio update but not in an separate downloadable add-on because it's a bug by Visual Studio itself.